1. How long have you been spinning? What skill level do you consider yourself? Only about 4 months. I’m still definitely a beginner.
2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)? So far, just 2ply. Most of it ends up about worsted weight.
3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)? Wheel
4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don’t like? So far I love using seacell and bamboo blends. Superwash Merino is always a good fallback though.
5. Who are your favorite crack dealers fiber sources (etsy or otherwise)? The Loopy Ewe is my main source now but I’m open to new stuff. 🙂
6. What kind of fiber do you want to try? Silk, tencel, different wools
7. Is there any techniques you would like to learn? I’m still a beginner, so I have a lot left to learn!
8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn? I don’t yet, but I’d like to try it someday.
9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber? I don’t do prep work yet, so prepared fiber is appreciated.
10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed? I haven’t knit with any of my handspun yet. I still love looking at it and haven’t convinced myself to USE it yet.
11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)? WPI Gauge would be awesome! I don’t have any really cool tools yet.
12. What colors “fall into your shopping basket”? Any colors you just can’t stand? Jewel tones are my favorite, but I love pinks and browns also.
13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now? Creatively Dyed Merino/Seacell blend. LOVE IT!
14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have? Knitter (of course!). I love to read and listen to audiobooks as well. I like to travel but don’t get to do it enough!
15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about? My son (5 years old), my fiance and friends. I love my work as well.
16. Do you have an online wishlist? no
17. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn. 🙂
18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have? I love trying new indie dyer’s yarns. I already subscribe to Interweave Knits and Crochet, but don’t have a Spin-Off subscription yet.
19. When is your birthday? August 5th
20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality? Darlene from the 90’s show “Roseanne”
21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)? 10000000% humidity every day. Really, it’s terrible. hot, hot, hot.
22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself! I’m a weird person in general so I dunno what would fit best here. I marched a drum in high school. I love the reality show “So You Think you Can Dance” because I wish I was a dancer sometimes.
favorite painting/picture(link): I’m terrible at interpreting art. Really.
Candy: Cherry Cordial Hershey’s Kisses. Or Milky Way Darks.
Food: Salty snacks like potato chips.
Drink: Alcoholic – vodka & cranberry. Non-Alcoholic – Dr. Pepper
Movie(s): The Goonies, Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Princess Bride
TV Show(s):Sex and The City (no contest, it’s my absolute favorite), also like Dirty Jobs, So you think you can dance, Scrubs, Star Trek The Next Generation
Book(s):Anything by Neil Gaiman, David Sedaris, Augusten Burroughs, Jennifer Weiner, All of the Harry Potters, etc etc etc – I love to read.
Guilty Pleasure(s) – Spending all day Sunday watching reruns of old shows and knitting. Going out for a late weekend breakfast at IHOP. Enjoying adult time without my son once in a while. (I feel guilty for even TYPING that!)