Episode 10, “Damn You, KnitGirllls!”

We hope you enjoy our 10th episode! Shownotes to be added later.

We are testing out a new camera system – let us know if you noticed any difference, whether positive or negative. Thanks!

Shownotes by LaLa

Laura is working on:

1.  Nashua Socks (Wendy’s basic toe-up pattern) out of Nashua’s self-striping sock yarn “Best Foot Forward” in “Summer Sunset” colorway

2. No Purl Monkeys (CraftyPancakes version of the Monkey pattern) out of Oliver colorway of Perfect Day Cashprose complete with Pirate point protectors from the awesome Annie Maude (link is to her etsy shop)

3. Norwegian Rose Socks by Wendyknits.  Mine are out of Dream in Color Smooshy in Gothic Rose and Happy Forest.  But all I’ve gotten done is a wee bit on the toe in Gothic Rose.

Leslie is working on:

1. Norwegian Rose Sock.  The pink is Numma Numma in Toasty Red Raspberry Jam and Dragonfly fibers Djinni in blue spruce. Jackie and I love Tempted for kicking Leslie’s butt.  Keep it up Stacy!

Lelsie has finished:

1. A Dishcloth knit on the diagonal out of Pink Peaches and Creme (yawn)

Laura has finished:

1. A Sun Hat for her coworkers future son, Nate.  It’s knit out of Plymouth Jeannee.  This pattern is neither quick nor easy and may not have a whole lot of numbers but it turns out so cute!

Leslie has nothing for spinning.  Well, she put a leader on a bobbin.

Laura has finished the Twisted Fiber Arts.  It is a 2-ply out of their Silk/Merino Blend, Festive, in the Jaunty colorway.  It is 362 yards.  She also finished 4oz in the Oriental Poppy colorway from Play at Life Fiber Arts (you’ll see it next week) and has now begun a Sheep to Shoe kit in Sherbert.

Favorite Things:

There is lots of time to join the kal, you can discuss it with us on the ravelry group.

Leslie is going to do the Master Knitter program with Sri.

We went to A’Fair in Hernando, MS and got some cool spinning tools from John D.  If you want his info, pm Leslie.

We are both in the Loopy Ewe “Light” club and got an awesome package.  You should skip this part if you don’t like spoilers.

Leslie got the Namaste needle case. It is pretty and red.

She also got some Vesper in Vinca Vine

Leslie got something very cute from Becky, Laura’s sister for her Loopy Swap 6 partner. She has an etsy shop here. If that is you, you should not watch this.

Laura got some Sugar and Creme in a cute Joanne’s bag.

Laura loves the book, Intertwined. She wants to make all the yarn in it and the spincycle harf

Random Stuff:

Leslie’s yarn room in a mess because she is prepping for the Charlotte’s Web scarf.  Laura actually has too many pairs of socks on the needles, even for her.  But Sheri has an entire wall of single socks at the Loopy Ewe. I’m just sayin.

Laura is going lots of places this summer.  She loves Bloomin Yarns in McMurray and Fibernymph for sending her Sarris pretzels.  Feel free to stalk Laura on her many travels (you know Leslie will be).

Leslie is getting braces.

This entry was posted in Podcasts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Episode 10, “Damn You, KnitGirllls!”

1. I highly recommend a wall of handknit single socks as art. I’m working on a second row… 🙂

2. Lisa B. says:

I think of you, Laura, every time I’m in Giant Eagle and pass by the Sarris display!

BTW, I think the new camera did a great job. The sound quality, at least for me, was much better! But you guys are just fun to watch no matter what! 🙂

3. DonnaW says:

The new camera is working great for picture and sound, great job. And thank you so much for the plug about double point protectors in Love Pirates from anniemaude. I am so glad that they are in use and creating giggles. 🙂

4. imjustlori says:

Leslie, I know a lovely woman who just got her braces off, and then finished her Master’s Degree. I know another woman who is going through the process now–and expecting her second child. The braces are going to be a pain and annoying as heck but man, when you’re done with them, the difference will make it worth it. Hang in there.

5. Cristina says:

Sound quality is much better.
    Video is awsome. I could watch the podcast in full screen and it still had a good image. I tried that before and the result wasn’t very good.

My Norwegian Rose has reached the second motif. 🙂

6. Love the much better quality of video and sound. You two are keeping me accountable for those Norwegian Rose socks!.. I need it 😉 Looking forward to episode 11!

7. Olivia says:

Leslie, I had my braces put on at 25 and a year and half later they were off. The time flies by once you’re used to them and your lips and mouth figure things out pretty quickly. Also oddly enough they make you look younger. I was carded at bars more often and got the attentions of younger men again. So it isn’t all bad. The only real bad bits are your mouth hurts whenever they tighten your braces so you’ll be eating mushy food for a few days afterwards. Also you can’t eat crunchy foods or ribs with braces ’cause they’ll pop the brackets off your teeth. In the end it is very much worth it though.

8. alejandro! says:

thanks sooo much for mentioning me in your podcast! i am soo excited to know that i am mentioned on a video cast!

Again, another great episode!! I too really like it with the Flip but I do have one recommendation… when you’re showing stuff to the camera sometimes it’s too fast & it doesn’t have time to refocus before you’re on to the next thing… I know it’s hard because you can’t see what you’re doing while recording but just a tip! I noticed it the most when you showed Becky’s business card. Anyway- looking & sounding good!!

10. Marsha says:

I was so excited to find your video cast. After wondering why you both looked so familiar to me, I realized that I had met you both at the first Spring Fling. I am now going back to see all the podcasts. I really enjoy the way you both put this on and I think the content is great.

Leslie, I, too, just started the Master Knitter part I in late April of this year. Knitting those swatches sounded so easy, until I started being too critical…..anyway, I will finish and am looking forward to hearing how it is going for you during the next year.

11. Teresa says:

I’ve been powering through all your episodes for the past couple of days. I’m enjoying the heck out of you two. Laura, where did you get the purple DPNs? That’s my color too and I would love to get a set. Y’all make me want to take a trip from San Francisco to Mississippi. Thanks for all the great info and all the entertainment.

12. LaLa says:

Teresa,
    Those are signature needles from signature needle arts. Only size 1 is in purple.
    Thanks for watching!

13. Congratulations on the better sound and picture!
    But I miss the yarn on the back wall, maybe the camera could be put further back, so the yarn (and Laura!) will fit into the picture.
    Also, I personally prefer that you don’t split the segments beforehand, but just talk for however long and divide them. I know that you do it for our convenience, but for me it just gives a better flow if it’s recorded in one go; then I can just hit play on the next one or que them in sequence on youtube or something.
    I watched all your episodes during the last few days and it’s been a ton of fun! I love your humour and sibling style exhange 🙂 Keep going and good luck with your knitalong!

14. Susan Baroody says:

Hey girls I can’t see your pretty skeins of yarn in the back!!!!! Also, since I just started watching your podcasts and love, love, love it I am watching all of them. My OCD just kicked in so I started at Episode #1!!!!!!