Episode 11 – The One at Chez LaLa

Here it is – Episode 11. I had many titles for this one.

The One With Leslie’s 3 Chins.
The One Where My Hair is Unkempt.
The One With Lots of White Space.

However, I decided to instead focus on the positive and name it The One at Chez LaLa.

I hope you enjoy, and Laura will add shownotes later on. Done!

Shownotes by LaLa:

We’re at Chez LaLa today!

Laura’s Works in Progress:

The first of the Nashua socks is done and there is a wee toe on the second.

Norwegian Rose socks out of Dream in Color Smooshy (There’s been no progress on these and I’m not going to even pretend I knit a round on them this week)

Leslie’s Works in Progress:

Norwegian Rose Socks out of Numma Numma in Toasty Red Raspberry Jam andDragonfly fibers Djinni in blue spruce.

A boring dishcloth

Invisible secret knitting (We’d show you, but then we’d have to kill you)

Laura’s Finished Objects:

Laura finished her monkey socks out of Perfect Day Yarns

Monster Chunks out of random scraps of yarn.

Leslie’s Finished Objects:

Leslie talks about beading on her Shipwreck Shawl.  She promised me one out of Wollmeise lace if I ever get married.  I have video proof!

Favorite Things:

Perfect Day Yarns last shipment of the Dead Poets Club.  There is some pretty yarn and a Rose Knits bag (etsy shop link and Backwards Loop sells them too). Some other little treats too!

Play at Life Fiber Arts. I got roving and sock yarn. And she has stuff in her shop!

Hide and Go Sheep Stitchmarkers (etsy and shop)

Great new book: Knitting 24/7 by Veronik Avery.  You can find the tutorial on grossgrain ribbon on the Knitmoregirls

Spinning:

You get to met Senior Humberto.

Here’s a picture of Maggie (the dog you hear barking in the background)

Leslie finished her Vesper fiber and got some awesome yardage

Laura finished a 2-ply of Oriental Poppy from Play at Life Fiber Arts

Laura got the new spinning book, Get Spun

Tour De Fleece group is on Ravelry.  It’s lots of fun! (Do you think we should form a Knitgirlls team?)

Random Stuff:

You can find lots of knitting related podcasts HERE. Let us know what you like to listen to!

52 pair plunge is a neat sock knitting challenge.  The Yarn Harlot is doing a paperbag pair plunge which involves knitting a pair a month.  Leave comments about kal/challenge knitting.

Leslie has braces and now Laura gets to eat all her candy.  Yum!

Laura is going to try to record at Bloomin Yarns in Pittsburgh.

There may be a brief recording delay as Laura is going to celebrate her niece’s first birthday.

We have a group over at Raverly.  Go join!

This entry was posted in Podcasts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Episode 11 – The One at Chez LaLa

dammit, I thought it was Tracee’s that had the label without the name, sorry! It’s Attain the Way 😀

Many things…. I’m glad you went over your beading on the Shipwreck again Leslie! I saw your picture post before but I guess didn’t make the connection as to where the bead falls in the k,yo versus crocheting it on. I totally got it now!

Hide & Sheep is awesome! She comes to my knit group sometimes and she’s super good about doing custom orders. I love their stuff! I really want to get my hands on a copy of the Knitting 24/7 book- I would easily knit at least 95% of the stuff in there, the patterns are gorgeous!

I loved the room tour & the cat cameo 🙂 And Leslie I know how you feel about being tied down with something like the 52 pair plunge… I haven’t tried it and probably never will- I at the most have two projects going at a time and to focus on socks like that would make me nuts!

3. First off, I love, love, LOVE your podcast! Keep em coming!

Next: I am thrilled to see you on itunes now. Looking good!

Third: a small request — is it technically possible for your podcast to be all together in one episode when you put it on itunes? I understand the need for short segments with youtube, but is it necessary with itunes? Just wondering, not trying to make your life terribly complicated!

yeah, yeah. No matter how much you do, we demand MORE from you. Hmmm…that sounds a lot like parenthood, doesn’t it?

Loved the podcast and cracked up between hearing Maggie bark in the background and Humberto’s tail sticking up in the video in your faces. Loved seeing Laura’s mom’s craft room, as I’ve heard about it. Wish you could have shown the loom. (Hint hint). As far as the 52 Pair Plunge goes, I love it and don’t feel any personal pressure, but more of a personal challenge to up my sock count. This will be my third year in the Plunge. First year, I knit 28, this year I knit 31, I’m shooting for 40 plus this year. If I only knit socks, I could hit 52, but I like to mix it up. Hey, I buy a lot of sock yarn. I need to knit the suckers. Plus, it’s great to see the parade of socks that come through on the Rav group. Some of the knitters, many are European knitters, are jaw droppingly amazing. It is very inspiring. Also, I get a lot of pattern ideas and inspiration from the other 52 pair plungers. I just love it.

5. Another fab podcast. Leslie, you look adorable with your braces. I don’t know if I think the 52 Pair Plunge sounds awesome of like knitting hell. I’d never be able to do it. As soon as I feel like I “have” to do something I usually lose interest immediately. Loved the Perfect Day Yarn shipment you showed. I also loved the spinning you both have been doing. That is one thing I will never get into. And it’s not because I didn’t buy a wheel, WooLee Winder and all the extras 😉 I just don’t have the patience. You are both so much fun to watch 🙂 Can’t wait until #12.

6. LoriAngela says:

Thanks for the great show. You’re so fun and natural. Leslie, one of our nurses just had her braces off and the cutting of apples (and the weight loss from no candy) were totally worth it. She is beautiful and you will be even more so. Looking forward to travelling with Laura. Thanks.

7. Hi Leslie and Laura,
    Another great one!! Senior Hum Berto is a cutie! I had braces in my early teens. It wasn’t fun but boy am I thankful to have straight teeth now. Time will zip right by and you’ll be done with them soon enough. I took The Plunge this year and finished 22-23 pairs so far. Sure it wasn’t the full 52 but I’m still proud. It didn’t stop me from working on other things and I didn’t feel commited. Of course I’m in the LaLa camp with double digit WIPS (I don’t count them all as active). I’m on board for another year and am hoping to come in closer to 52 this time.
    Have a good trip!

8. Just a FYI…the link for the knitting podcast blog is not working right now. Although it is titled “Knitting Podcasts,” the url does not have an “s” at the end of “podcast” in it. I think the link you have posted includes an “s” in the address. This seemed to work for me: http://knittingpodcast.blogspot.com/

9. DeniseL says:

Wow! You two just get better and better. Is it the new cam or Leslie’s cute braces? You both seemed more relaxed in spite of the furry interruptions. Thanks for doing a great, fun podcast, and for inviting us to “friend” you on Ravelry. Can’t have too many friends.

10. Kaidy says:

Ahh–the Hide and Sheep stitch markers were from TLE swap # 3. I have them on all my projects that require markers. I really like the “hang from the needle” row counter that they sell too. I’m enjoying the podcasts quite a bit–well I was until you mentioned your father’s birth year! I’m not sure why I was so surprised–my own son turns 25 next month–but your dad and I are the same age! LOL

11. Alexa says:

I love your dog! He is so cute. Great Podcast. If you can believe it, I think my cats tail ia bigger than yours!

12. Abigail says:

I’m a little under a year out from getting done with my braces–you’re definitely not the only adult with them 🙂 Trust me it gets easier over time.

Big no-nos for me are gum, popcorn, bagels, or Snickers. First day I’m done I’m eating 10 bagels.

You might ask your dentist if he’ll give you extra flouride toothpaste.

Find a way to reward yourself when you get through an appointment. I go every six weeks and afterwards straight to the coffee shop for a donut.

13. Beverly Love says:

Just hanging our over here rewatching some episodes while I pre-draft some more fiber for Tour De Fleece. I have finished two ounces and it is only day one. I am going to have to add some of my other roving to my goal if I am going to have something to spin every day. Or, maybe I will do a bump on the drop spindle when I finish this 4 ozs. We’ll see.