Episode 14 – Lots to Share!

We happily share with you Episode 14 of TheKnitGirllls!

Thank you guys so much for watching, shownotes to follow!

Shownotes by LaLa:

Welcome all you new peeps and welcome back everyone else!

Laura’s WIPs:

LogCabin Blanket by the lovely ladies at Mason Dixon.  My blanket is out of Cotton Classic.  20 skeins towards the 50 skein stashdown

Vertizags by Megan Wright (LaughLovenKnit on Ravelry) out of Koigu (KPPPM) given to me by Becca aka Woolpierogi whom I adore.

Norwegian Rose socks out of Dream in Color Smooshy.

Leslie’s WIPs:

Knit, Purl, & RIP-it Socks by Deby Lake out of Wollmeise “Sabrina” and Claudia’s Handpainted “Mint”

Leslie’s FOs:

Crochet potholder.  The pattern is actually called Potholder (I have no idea why that amuses me, but it does).

Loopy Ewe Swap Person, Go away!

Persephone’s Return by Laura Linneman out of Wollmeise Rittersporen.

Plain toe-up socks out of Perfect Day Yarn’s Sonnet Sport in Lucinda’s Love Song.

Norwegian Rose Socks out of Numma Numma in Toasty Red Raspberry Jam and Dragonfly fibers Djinni in blue spruce.

Laura’s FOs:

Fish Hat (Dead or Alive) for Papa Wheezy out of Nashua Creative Focus Worsted and Cascade 220 (2 more skeins down).

Shawl out of my handspun (Creatively Dyed Seacell is the original fiber).  I may write down the pattern, we’ll see… (2 skeins towards the stashdown)

Laura is spinning:

Sherbet colorway of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sheep to Shoe kit.  She is full of fail.  You should learn from her failure and change your hook often or get a woolee winder (which you can get in high speed for Schacht).

Leslie is spinning:

Magic Stix Fibers.  She is done and got an awesome 3-ply!

Favorite Things:

Laura’s least favorite thing is getting carpets re-stretched while Leslie loves it because she got lots of free stuff from Mama Linneman (including Kitten yarn).

Laura loves the TV show Bones while Leslie is working her way through Buffy and Angel

Tour de Fleece is coming soon!  We’re counting fiber prep and reading about spinning as part of it.

Hi Anna and Eli!

Cupcakes are yummy!

Thanks for watching y’all!!!!

This entry was posted in Podcasts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Episode 14 – Lots to Share!

1. Lala: “I’m addicted to ‘Bones'”

THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID! 😉

2. Alexa13 says:

LaLa-I love your shirt! Who’s your fav player?

3. DeniseL says:

Hey, there Lala, I was just looking at Anne Hanson’s blog after watching your ‘cast and noticed you in her June 18 entry at TNNA. You are in Ysolda’s booth? You two need to tell us more about this TNNA event, you know?
    Loved the podcast, as usual.

4. LoriAngela says:

What a treat! I watched on my break while working nights and had to laugh very quietly. Thanks!

5. LaLa says:

Meliabella,
    🙂

Alexa,
    I like the players give back to the community. My favorite players all happen to play defense (Casey, Troy, and Deshea Townsend). Deshea came to the middle school that I work at to speak to the kids about staying in school and making right choices. You can see the article about it at: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/mar/12/education-first/
    He’s from MS and does a ton of programs here to help kids in the area. I know that Troy and Casey do a ton of stuff in PGH at the Children’s Hospital. That’s really more important to me than how they play on the field.

Denise,
    You are not allowed to take photos at TNNA except in Ysolda’s booth (because she’s super nice). I’ll try to do a little recap blog in the next few days. I didn’t want it to be super boring and all about me (surprise) I did take some footage at the Ravelry event and I’ll try to get that up as well.

Thanks all for your sweet comments. Leslie and I read every one!

6. Alexa13 says:

LaLa- Troy is my favorite player, not just because my hair is just like his before he cut it ;P A lot of the Pittsburgh teams do things with the schools in PA. Last year we had 4 of the Pirates players come to our school for anti-drugs and they played a mini game show with us. Though, we haven’t had any Steelers come yet.

7. I feel so repetitive when I say “another great episode”! But it was!! I suppose I should CO again for the NR socks and actually finish them. I’m loving Leslie’s new colorwork sock WIP. So cute. Can’t wait to find that pattern. You two are just too fun to watch. Oh, and Leslie… love the eye shadow! Raisin Girl?

8. Beverly Love says:

Just to confirm your awesomeness, and that your powers are great. Ahem, I have gotten two sheep to shoe kits, I am on the second season of Buffy, and the 4th pattern (garter section) of my LaLa’s Simple Shawl. I heart y’all muchly.

LaLa do you read the Kathy Reichs novels about Bones/Temperance Brennan? Kathy being the real life anthropologist-forensics woman. I just got 206 Bones, I was waiting for the paperback release. Thanks for the shout out about Ilona Andrews!! Do you also read Devon Monk – she knits too, her knitted gargoyle is beyond cute.

Leslie enjoy all those yarns and fibers. If you want to ship them to California, I would be happy to take the pictures for you ;D I can’t wait to see the finished objects.

Bev
    aka
    paletpc

9. LaLa says:

Bev,
    We love you too! I used to read Kathy Reichs around the same time I went through my James Patterson and Stuart Woods phase. I love Devon Monks books. I had no idea that she knits. Illona Andrews asked her readers what other authors they read yesterday and I got a few new people off that list as well. I think I need to do another book review this week for favorite things.

10. beth says:

That’s so cool you’re doing the log cabin blanket to stash bust. I started doing the same thing when I saw Carin making the Moderne Baby blanket and thought I could use it to get rid of some excess cotton. Can’t wait to see how it turns out:)

11. Lee says:

I was wondering since you both spin, what is a good wheel to get for beginners but something that can grow with you as you advance for not too much money?

Also your FO’s look fantastic.

12. LaLa says:

I like my Ladybug and it has the ability to be used in double drive and scotch tension. I’ve also been eying some Lendrums recently. Wheels are a very person choice, though. I’d see if there is a local spinning guild in the area whose members would allow you to try their wheels. Of course, you can always visit us in MS and try out ours 🙂

13. Deby Lake says:

Thank you for contacting me about my pattern. I love love love what you both are doing. So thank you also for turning me on to your knitting show. I really enjoyed it.
    Also, thank you for knitting my socks. I think every knitter should have a pair! lol.
    Cant wait to see your socks done. Love the contrast you have going. I also had to start over 2 times due to not enough contrast in my yarns. I finally decided that it works best with a solid background either light or dark, then a self stripe yarn for letters. For some reason, when I knit with self stripe yarn, it knits up faster! Ha, I know it doesnt but it sure does entertain my mind doing it!.
    Anyway, thank you so much for sharing.
    Deby Lake

14. Daisy says:

I know this is an old podcast, but I have to comment on the “kitten” yarn. It’s a Norwegian yarn manufactor that makes it.It’s “still going strong”.. Actually I made a jumper 2-3 weeks ago.
    You can find it here http://www.sandnesgarn.no