Laura and I were lucky enough to be on the receiving end of our friend Sarah‘s kindness a couple of months ago, and were gifted 3 skeins of an exclusive “KnitGirllls” colorway of Perfect Day yarn. This stuff is luscious and I haven’t decided exactly what I’m using it for just yet. It’s one of those special, “pet only” skeins right now, but it’s waiting only for the perfect project. Laura kept one skein, I kept one skein, and we have *one* extra. Want it?
Looooooooooook, it’s so preeeeeeettttty!
In order to win, you have to answer these 20 questions, written up by another of our fantastic friends, Jessica! She is undoubtedly the trivia master when it comes to TheKnitGirllls, and she isn’t going to make this easy! Send an email with the answers to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 18th (which gives you a whole week!) and you’ll be entered into a drawing to win this gorgeous, unique skein of yarn from one of our favorite dyers. Ready? Here we go!
Trivia Knit Girlll Questions:
1. What knitting project bandwagon did Laura and Leslie jump on during the Loopy Ewe Spring Fling? Bonus points if you can name their respective colorways.
2. Which podcaster’s house did the Knit Girllls stay overnight at before the Loopy Ewe Spring Fling? Name her name or podcast name.
3. Which episode did one of the Knit Girllls wear a hat during the whole episode? Name the episode, Knit Girlll, and type of hat.
4) Which indie dyer did the Knit Girllls visit this summer, but there is no video footage or interview?
5) Which Knit Girlll has actually finished her Norwegian Rose socks?
6) What’s the self-imposed deadline the other Knit Girlll has put on finishing her Norwegian Rose socks?
7) Name Laura’s cat.
8 ) How many skeins of yarn did Laura vow to knit out of her stash this summer? Did she meet her goal?
9) Name a pattern that both Knit Girllls have knit and finished at some time during the videocast history.
10) During the Wendy Johnson interview episode, Wendy tells a secret that she only discovered in one of the photos after her book came out. What is it?
11) What type of spinning wheels do Leslie and Laura own?
12) What type of tea do Southern girls drink?
13) You see them knit on every videocast. Are they “throwers” or continental knitters?
14) What is Laura’s “go to” standard sock pattern?
15) Who is “Mr. Awesome”?
16) What nickname does Laura call her father?
17) What sort of bag do both Laura and Leslie use to carry their spinning supplies?
18) Name at least one thing that Laura carries in her spinning supplies bag that Leslie does not.
19) Where did Laura’s sister, Beck, shop with her husband for Birkenstocks? Bonus point if you can name what she said there were a lot of there.
20) One of the Knit Girllls is consciously trying to improve her knitting skills. Which Knit Girlll is it and how is she doing this?
And just for fun, this was an “extra” question Jess threw in there (answer provided, so no need to include this in your entry). I think it really shows the dedication and ferociousness of Jess when she’s challenged. 😀
22) Laura has challenged her lovely friend to a knit race. What is the project? Will Laura win?
Answer: Featherweight Cardigan and hell, no.
Alright ladies – I look forward to seeing how many of you guys get these answers right! Good luck to everyone. 😀