We hope you enjoy Episode 24! We did not travel with our studio lighting, so this one isn’t as bright as usual, but I think you can still see pretty much everything.
Bear with the commercial at the beginning of the video – it helps cover the cost of hosting.
Shownotes coming soon!
This week we have the lovely Wendy and Lucy of Wendyknits fame.
Wendy is knitting on…
A sideways shawl being designed by Wendy (look for the pattern on Wendy’s blog or Ravelry in the next few weeks) out of Madelintosh Pashmina in the Posy colorway.
Laura is knitting on..
A Mystery Pi shawl (designed by Wendy) out of Blackberry Ridge Lace Silk Blend in the Samarkand Blue. Clue 5 (the final clue) is now available here.
Harry Potter series of Opal yarn in the Tonks colorway. I have them on 16 inch circulars (my preferred toe up needle method.
Leslie is working on…
Rainbow Socks. Yarn is from here.
Wendy’s Top Four Sweaters (she has lots more that are gorgeous as well):
- Luskentyre Cardigan by Alice Starmore
- Jubileum Cardigan by Dale of Norway
- Salt Lake Sweater by Dale of Norway (I find it interesting that Dale of Norway has done a Winter Olympics sweater pattern for every event).
- Marina Sweater by Alice Starmore
Overt your eyes if you don’t want to see Wendy’s finished Pi:
Tosh Merino Light in the Filagree colorway
Leslie and I are spinning some Dyabolical Fiber to gift to Wendy.
- Angry Birds for Ipad
We love the books….
- Wee Free Men
- Blameless (3rd in the Souless series)
- Last Dragon Standing (I also like her other series)
- Shuffled Row for your Kindle Pleasure
- I would pass on the Nocturnal short stories
- I love love love Poison Study. The audio books are also very good for the whole series.
- Garnet Hill recomended by Born to Knit/ Johanne Landin. You can find her patterns here
Favorite Smithsonian stuff:
- Tempted’s Lovely Girl Yarn
- Hi Lynda!