Episode 29 – The Laura Show!

Please forgive the background noise, Mr. Awesome was doing something with the aquariums which required him to go up and down the stairs a few times.

Shownotes to follow!

Laura is knitting on…

Spider Socks using the Flutter-By pattern and Yarn Pirate yarn in the Monster Mash colorway (I’m actually knitting on them as I type the show notes).

Cheshire Cat colorway ball being made into some toe-up socks from Twisted Limone Designs

For more comments about Sally Melville, look down in the comments.  Our friend, Lisa made a very valid point.

Through the Loops Mystery Socks 2010 out of Dyeabolical.  I have no idea on the colorway name, but she has other pretties in her shop right now.

Penelope out of leftover Cascade 220.

Leslie is knitting on…

Primavera Socks out of Wollmeise in the Campari Orange in Twin.

Shipwreck Shawl

No FOs or Spinning this week

Favorite Things:

Steelers Notion Bag with a Sarris Pretzel from Fibernymph.  Thank you Lisa!

Vesper Sock Yarn

Leslie’s Midsouth Fair Entries include (all links are to her ravelry page):

Norwegian Rose

Baby stuff was not in her Ravelry notes.  Here’s the baby hat link, but I’m clueless on the booties.

Shipwreck

Lilith Sweater

Handspun Lady Bertram

Book Review: Enchanted Sole and Eclectic Sole by Janel Laidman.  You can find more info about Janel on her blog.

Thylacine Fiber enabled by Beverly Love 🙂

Happy Birthday Becca and Megann!!!!!

Thank you for some awesome packages Sarah and Melissa!

Ravelry Print

Leslie is reading Breakfast of Champions

Robot Overlord Monster Kit.  My new Round the Twist and Knitting Knirvana project.

Scales are awesome tools for knitting!

16 Responses to Episode 29 – The Laura Show!

I live close to Pittsburgh!

My scale is dying, wamp wamp. I use it to wind mini skeins, halve skeins, measure dye, etc etc.

The lighting looks great guys! I didn’t realize the lighting was “bad” before but I can totally tell a difference.

2. Patti S. says:

Another great episode. It always makes me wish I had a great friend that wanted to videocast with me. I have both the books Laura talked about and I have made the Niagra socks.

3. Lisa Lisa says:

In the interest of fairness, Sally didn’t just come out and state she hated raglans on adults. She was questioned (closely) by a knitter in the audience about a particular problem with a raglan and that led to her “pronouncement” about the sweater and style.

While I agree there was possibly more that could have been offered in the class, I feel that for 40 bucks I got some good tips I hadn’t heard/thought of before and a bit of entertainment. I found her gracious and while opinionated, funny.

• LaLa says:

That’s a much better way of saying it, Lisa. I think that the class was not a true fit to me as a knitter, so some of the stuff was lost on me. I would still recommend anyone who has the opportunity to take a class from Sally to do it . Thanks for the clarification!

4. First of all… Leslie, your hair is so super fantastically sexy awesome! Thanks for the bday wishes! The Haunted Mansion was crazy cool and I wish I could have gotten some good pictures of the inside for ya. You two will just have to come visit me next year between Halloween and Christmas so I can take you there 🙂 I’m loving all the WIPs. I was happy to see Laura’s monster kit from Danger Crafts. I’m also knitting one but my kit yarn is Zombie BBQ. Now I just have to try to not buy any more yarn after this episode. You are the best enablers on the planet! Is it December yet??

5. Lisa says:

I cannot believe the pretzel was still in the package and uneaten! LOL

6. Sadie says:

I vote for pigtails more often, they look adorable on you. 🙂 P.S. the shirt is pure genius.

7. Amy says:

I was wondering if you could give more information about the blanket square swap thing you guys are in. How do you sign up for it? It sounds like a ton of fun. Thanks! :o)

8. Alexa says:

I was planning to go to the Pittsburgh knit and crochet festival next year for my birthday! I loved the show and the new lighting!

9. LaLa says:

Amy,
    It is through the FOP (Friends of Piddleloop) group on Ravelry. You can find that here:

10. Chelsea says:

So when’s the Leslie show coming? You know, just to make it fair.

Congrats on all those ribbons & award cash-money!

11. Suzanne says:

Another awesome episode!! 🙂

OOh I loved this episode! Lots of goodness in there, including the super cute hair! I really like how the Wollmeise is striping- I’m going to have to get a non-solid colorway now… Do they pretty much all stripe like that or is it just the luck of the draw? Also- I can’t believe Leslie is knitting another Shipwreck!! I can wholeheartedly agree now that the progress comes to a dead halt at the netting… I don’t think I could ever knit a 2nd one even though I love the pattern. Also #2- I need Vesper Halloween yarn!!!

13. MaryjoO says:

thanks for another great episode!

Have a question re the shipwreck you are doing — can you remind us where you got/get the beads? The shawl is on the backburner in my brain to get done sometime LOL

thanks,
    Maryjo

14. Renada says:

I’m making way through all of the episodes and this one is by far my favorite! Leslie, your shipwreck shawl is AMAZING. It’s a well known fact the state fair where I live is “stacked” but what you described seems outrageous. Im glad you did walk away with many ribbons and prizes though; your work is really beautiful. Keep up the great work ladies!