TheKnitGirllls Episode 31 – The One That Almost Wasn’t!

Minor catastrophe with the video file on this one meant we couldn’t trim the beginning and ends like we normally do but the file is recovered, yay! We announce prize winners, Laura reviews another sock book, and we both go over our spoils of fiber!

Laura is knitting on…

Spider Socks using the Flutter-By pattern and Yarn Pirate yarn in the Monster Mash colorway . 1 done!

Through the Loops Mystery Socks 2010 out of Dyeabolical.  I so want to knit on these!

Leslie is knitting on…

Shipwreck Shawl

She should totally start something new.  This is boring me.

Laura is done with…

Mystery Vesper Socks

Leslie is done with…

Premie crochet hats for the Med.

Spinning…

Leslie is spinning 4oz of fiber from the Thylacine

Favorite Things

Happy Anniversary Laura’s Mom and Dad !!!!!

Cool Elizabeth Zimmerman Quote Cards (she’s got lots of other cool stuff as well)

Very cool no snag stitchmarkers at Beagindesigns

Round the Twist is on Itunes.  We adore you Carin!

Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush (her other books are very cool too)

Real Simple Magazine says chunky knit cables are in.

CloudLover is on both etsy and Big Cartel (not Artfire)

Phat Fiber Sample Boxes from October

Prize Time!  Email us if you won! (I’m going to make you watch to see if you won, cause I’m mean like that, but the drawing does start around 51 minutes in).

23 Responses to TheKnitGirllls Episode 31 – The One That Almost Wasn’t!

1. Zabelle says:

I can’t wait for this episode to donwload! I love your show and it is part of my monday morning routine. Are you going to make a tutorial about bead knitting? I’m asking for it.
    Thanks a lot
    Isabelle

2. Zabelle says:

I didn’t know there was a just dance 2! Cool!

• Zabelle says:

I finally figured out to put you on my Zune. Now I can bring you with me every where! You wont have to live in my computer anymore.

3. candisrrt says:

i can’t get it to work yet and I’m freaking out!!!!

4. imjustlori says:

Ack! The episode isn’t showing on my iTunes either. Waaaah! I wanna see!

*pout*

5. imjustlori says:

Yup, the complaining is what it took. Downloading it now. Yay!

6. Elena. says:

I don’t have iTunes. *sob*

7. candisrrt says:

I finally got it from itunes. I think I might need therapy cause my house stopped until I got the episode. Loved it! I enjoy it every week but the end of this one was wonderful! The fact that you both were so red in the face had me rolling on the floor! i look forward to many more.

8. Aberdonian says:

Loved that episode. I was able to knit one repeat on the foot of the TTL mystery socks and then chillaxed for the last bit of the episode. Leslie, I also want to knit at least 1 pattern from each of my books. Maybe not one a month but I selected the patterns, for some I have stash yarn assigned and It’s one of my two personal knit clubs. I still love Laura’s “Yeah!”

9. Talithia (urbanhomemaker) says:

Love the show. I didn’t win a prize but knowing you are there every Monday morning gives me something to look forward too. Well I guess I could look forward to my kids having the I ‘m to sick to go the school cry cry cry Monday fits. You 2 make me laugh before the kids try me. Lots of love. Kindness T

10. Tina Pettit says:

Thanks for telling me about Round The Twist moving to iTunes! That’s where I get my podcasts from and need to catch up with her still!

11. I think this was one of my favorite episodes. Definitely take over the bonus room! I hope Mr. Awesome has fun in Oregon (my home state… I miss it!). And we are UFC/MMA enthusiasts over here! I’ll be having nightmares about that nasty cut on Brock’s face for weeks. Also, Justin is a certified Muay Thai instructor. I love all of the new stuff you get each week. And OMG, the CloudLover fiber is so dreamy. I am so thrilled that you will be spinning it for me! Congrats to all the winners of the drawing. There are so many more to comment on but then my comment would be more like a blog post…lol Loved watching you guys and I look forward to the one next week. Happy Knitting! <3

12. SwedishRose says:

Thanks gals for the great review!
    Did any of the markers land in the tea?
    Around here they tend to get found underneath the couch when we vacuum.

13. Cristina says:

I find it funny that listening Laura talking about how she squeezes knitting time was just like I was listening to myself. Her words are exactly my words when someone asks me how I knit so many things. I often say that “I don’t have time to knit, so I knit all the time.”

14. Another great podcast! The progress on your second Shipwrecked is astounding Leslie! I am in awe! And Lala, 4 pairs of socks! You ladies are putting me to shame!

15. Cyndi J says:

Another great episode! I am so glad to know I am not the only person that can sling stitch markers across a room. Congrats to all the winners! and I am seriously hoping to see you two dressed up for Halloween in next weeks episode.

So glad you found me a room!! Squeeeeeee

17. Someone told me I was mentioned and I’m so glad they did, this is the best video blog ever! Thanks so much for the shout out!

18. Ann says:

You both should SO do something special on Halloween.
    Sorry I not able to deliver candy corn cupcakes.

19. rohanknitter says:

Yay, congrats to all the winners, that was fun to watch! Great show as always, girls! I think knitting one thing a month from a book I own is a great idea – I seem to keep collecting knitting books but not actually knitting from them.
    ps. History majors, represent!!!!! wooo hooo
    pps. so will there be costumes next week?? ; )

I won! I won! And I am totally dying with laughter that it was the yarn Laura stuck down her bra. Ironic, yes! (My yarn prize has touched Laura’s boobies! hahahaha) Anyway, I am so happy and thrilled that I won–I don’t own and actually have never seen any Diabolical yarn in person, so this is just fantastic. Whee! And the funny thing is that my husband was nearby when I was watching this episode (yes, I did say something to the computer, as always, and he asked if you all could hear me in there….smarty pants) Anyway–you should have seen his head swing around when you guys were laughing about the irony of my winning the skein that Laura stuck down her shirt when you guys were laughing about the yarn at Spring Fling I may have possibly stuck in my bra. He loudly asked me, “You stuck WHAT down your bra????” Quit telling my damn secrets, you two.

21. Kaidyd says:

Another great episode. So much fun to watch; keeps me laughing the whole time I’m watching. I’ve knit the gentleman’s fancy socks from Nancy Bush’s book. The best part–calf shaping! On my short legs it helps to keep the cuffs up!