Episode 51 – Stuff, & Lots Of It!

We record our first show in the new craft room! We’re still trying to work out lighting tweaks, but we manage to get through WIP’s, FO’s and Spinning in under 20 minutes. Then we ramble on for another 35 in Favorite Things.

Laura is knitting on  the Shetland Pi shawl by Wendy Johnson.  It is out of Blackberry Ridge Silk Blend Laceweight (I really enjoy how rustic feeling this yarn is). I also have on the needles are the Twisted Fiber Arts in the Ravelry colorway socks (so close to being done). I began my Numma Numma test knit socks, but I’m not good on gauge, so I’ve ripped out and am going to try again on smaller needles.

Leslie has secret knitting and test knitting for Numma Numma (look for me to be copy and pasting this line for the next few weeks).

Laura has finished the mini mochi socks (hissss) and the baby hat which was the Rainbow Marley from Itty Bitty Hats out of scraps of handspun. Julia has claimed that as her own which I love.

Leslie is spinning (as we record) some lovely fiber from Woolgatherings Etsy Shop

Laura has spun 21 oz of fiber  including some from Crown Mountain Fibers, Yarn Love, Sarah Kate Fibers, and The Dying Arts.

Favorite Things:

Magazine Review: Issue 29 of The Knitter

Anne Field’s Book

Tempted Hand Painted Yarns

Shawl Swap Packages:

Laura was spoiled by Lemonsong (Lisa) and in addition to the lovely shawl, I got some great stitch markers from Jelby.

Leslie was spoiled by Nicole.  She got some lovely stitch markers from Seeking Sanityin addition to a lovely shawl.

Dramatic Knits sent me some lovely wristers out of Frog Tree Alpaca and the Anne Hanson Pattern, Fallberry.

We will be at Camp KIP and Stitches South.

Leslie bought an ipod touch (I lured her to the dark side).

Post-it Notes make graph paper post-its (we got them at Target)

A great big thank you for our giveaway donors: EMO of Perfect Day Yarns for donating a skein of Bamboo Haiku, Another Crafty Girl sent some lovely Grape Jelly Worsted, Heather of the Intentions Yarn Line for sending us “Joy,” Fairycircle for sending tons of Malabrigo Worsted.

Laura enhanced the stash with strong sock from Another Crafty Girl, Boltneck in sock from Dyeabolical, and the first shipment of Badass Yarn Club.

This entry was posted in Podcasts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Episode 51 – Stuff, & Lots Of It!

1. Natalie says:

So yeah, my age comment in VKN did come at an appropriate time huh? LOL

2. Eloise says:

Great show in the new craft room. Everything was bright and colorful.

3. Elizabeth GM says:

I thought the new room and lighting looked great — the light on Laura’s face was a wee bit harsh, but the color was a huge improvement — looked much more natural. Congrats on your new craft room, Leslie!

4. Rosie says:

I love the new craft room. Enjoy. I thought the lighting was great after you moved one of the lights. The sound quality was lower than usual. I could hear everything just fine but it was definitely lower volume and a bit of cavernous quality. You did say the room was pretty bare so once everything is moved in I’m sure that will be resolved. Thanks for all your hard work.

5. Fran Walker says:

Leslie you did a great job on the Craft Room – What hard work that is! I have space envy— The podcast did look better after your light adjustment- I heard no humms -or annoying noises . I can’t wait to win a prize – You’ve got some cool stuff and I loved the fact that Leslie was spinning during the podcast – Made me want to do it- Also all of Laura’s finished spinning made spinning yarn very tempting – maybe you could do a spinning podcast for those of us who have not had the experience yet- I get so much from your show and look forward every week to your next show- Thanks for all your effort – we really apreciate all that you do

6. Melody says:

The sound was a little lower quality on my end. It wasn’t annoying by any means, just a little different. It may make a difference whenever you feel the room up.

Leslie, I really hope you like the Chroma worsted better than I did. I bought the same colorway for my Noro Striped scarf. The thick and thin thing drove me insane. My skein also was missing a couple color changes or something, idk? But it had some strange joins and appeared to be dyed and wound backwards towards the middle of the skein. There were some extremely thin spots that broke during my knitting as well, which was quite annoying. It is incredibly soft once knitted up, but after only wearing it a couple times it’s looking a bit worn.

I have a set of those Seeking Sanity stitch markers. LOVE them !

7. Lisa B. says:

Love the new room! And all the fun things you’re getting for your prizes are wonderful! Can’t wait for that episode…it will be so much fun! 🙂

8. kelly says:

You two are fab as usual! Luv the new rm:o)@ Lala…LOVE the new hair do. looks fab on you,meant to tell you last vidcast.@Leslie…hey your looking like you’re losing weight,your face is thinner each time you record.Good job.
    Love the tutorials,absolutley love the chemistry between you two.Have a Happy week:o)

9. aknitontheside says:

Great lighting – very natural tones (you were right – it did make you both look good and that’s the important bit). I can’t wait to see the rest of the craft room – I have serious craft room envy.

I could hear the wheel whirring (very pleasant) but no other humming.

Your show just keeps getting better, and personally I don’t worry about the download size – I do it when my downloading is free (after midnight) and I love when I have a long episode to knit along to – makes my day.

Keep up the good work girllls!

love from a fan from Wales (who is a New Zealander but wants to visit America and bring back a metric butt-ton of yarn! – I can but dream)

10. carolyn says:

Hi, loved the show. You guys are so relaxed and it’s great! love the repartee1
    What is the website for the Rhinebeck 2010 handknit garmet photos?
    Thanks!

11. Kristen says:

Lol you guys are hilarious. Leslie I love your reaction when you saw how long it was typing, it was pretty cute.

That’s a great color for your craft room its very cheerful and I can’t wait to see the tour once you get things the way you want them.

The lighting looks great and I could hear your wheel going but that wasn’t annoying in any means. Like someone saide earlier I love when I have a long episode to knit along to it does make my day.

Have a great week.

12. Maria says:

Great show! I think the show gets better every week. You always have such innovative information about knitting trends. Your show gives me inspiration to get working on my WIPs. I always look forward to your weekly podcast.

Love the tutorial. Thank u!

13. Oh MY! Thanks for giving a shout out (and show off) of the Rhinebeck Style photos I shot , and the spread The Knitter ran , as Kay Gardiner & Ann Shayne’s Mason-Dixon Knitting column in issue #29 . It is true that I am going to upload a video of the images–but it is also true it is not up yet! It’s going to be very fun. It’s a time consuming undertaking, let’s just say that.
    They’ll be up eventually over at my knitting blog:
    She Shoots Sheep Shots http://www.ezisus.blogspot.com

Fun vidcast!
    Meanwhile, if anyone’s curious, I’m also Gale Zucker Photography http://www.gzucker.com
    From a

Great episode. I really liked the magazine review. Can’t wait to hear about the spinning class Leslie is going to take. Also, busted up when Laura stuck the skein down her shirt and left it there. Miss you guys.

15. Helga/Q says:

OK, so I am almost current after watching you episodes over the past few days.
    I am on episode 51- eight more until I am current!

So now I have to ask, where do you girls get such fun t-shirts?

I love the show, thank you so much!
    I just joined your group on Rav!