Episode 53 – Happy Anniversary!

Laura & Leslie show you their pitiful progress on projects. Laura’s kicked out a bunch of fractal spinning and Leslie has finished spinning the Woolgatherings 4oz. Also, we show you more prizes and talk about how to enter to win!

Laura is knitting on the Mitered Crosses Blanket out of Noro Silk Garden (colors 279 and 87) and Cascade 220. They are knit on US size 6 needles (4mm).  She’s made a little progress on the Shetland Pi shawl(size 5 US/3.75mm needles) by Wendy Johnson.  It is out of Blackberry Ridge Silk Blend Laceweight.  I’ve also restarted the Numma Numma socks (US 1/2.25mm).

Leslie is working on the Numma Numma socks (US 1/2.25mm). She has an ongoing Noro Log Cabin blanket that she is switching up with Classic Elite Liberty Wool.

Laura is done with 1 Mitered Crosses Square. I’m 1/13th of the way done with the squares! Link to the Wollmeise blanket

Laura is learning how to fractal spin using some Gale’s Art in a  Corriedale Cross in the Potluck colorway. Leslie is spinning some lovely fiber from Woolgatherings Etsy Shop. She is done with her singles!

Book Review: Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller

Magazine Review: KnitScene Summer 2011.

Finish it or Frog it Orchid Lace Mitts is a Finish it! Yay!

Love the shawl that LemonsongII made for me! It’s the Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief out of Malabrigo Sock.

Thank you for all the Birthday Wishes!

Leslie’s stash has been enhanced by Cloudlover and AnotherCraftyGirl

Lots of prizes added for the givaway (we clarify rules as well): Packerfan sent some Twisted Fiber Arts in the Duchess base in the Karma colorway; AE sent some Wollmeises in Zenzi and a We’re Different in a pine green; BlueGooseFarms donated 10oz of Kid Mohair locks; Marisol donated Wollmeise in PP#5 in the dark shade.

This week the prizes that you are entering on the Raverly Board to win are: Jelby Stitchmarks, 3 copies (you win 1) of Patty Waters patterns, Stitchmarkers by Checat, Dyeabolical Mohair Lot, 100% Wollmeise in PP #5, Malabrigo in Ravelry Red, Another Crafty Girl in Worsted, and Knitted Geek in Sportweight Rockstar colorway.

Please make sure if you are entering that you are following the rules!

Thank you for an amazing year!

11 Responses to Episode 53 – Happy Anniversary!

1. corrie says:

Just found you girls through one of the knitting blogs i read, oh my you make me laugh! keep up the good work girls. I really needed a good laugh today and loved watching you and it’s just like I’m sitting knitting with you!

Corrie;)

2. Kea says:

Yayyy for you two 🙂 One whole year! I recently discovered you guys but i have enjoyed getting “caught up” on the shows! You guys have enabled me a whole lot LOL!! I have found some pretty amazing things through you two from the yarn to the stitch markers and even the bags that i LOVE from Piddleloop. Keep up the good work, i really enjoy listening/watching you two! Happy One Year Anniversary!!!

3. folksmith says:

i love your podcast, it is my favorite. i like that there are the two of you, it’s so fun to see what you are working on and your finished projects. i’m trying to figure out how to join your ravelry group. i really look forward to seeing you podcast every sunday night. thanks for being there!

4. Mari says:

I LOVE the Book Whisperer. I would love to read as much as her. I also dream of being the knitting equivalent–the Knit Whisperer…

5. Mari says:

I am re-reading my post. It should say, “I would love to read as much as she does.” Maybe if I read more, I’d have gotten that right the first time!!!

6. Stephanie says:

I love watching how the two of you interact… It really makes for a much more fun podcast to watch (not that some of the other ones aren’t good too). I’m finally getting to the point where I’m caught up, so I’ll be anxiously awaiting each week’s new podcast!

7. Loves2Design says:

sorry if this double post i looked after i hit post and didnt see it

lala Odd number is the rule in ALL Design its one of the 1st things you learn in design class that odd number are much more pleasing to the eye than even numbers. i always count my work before i finalize it so that i can see that its pleasing to the eye.

Had fun watching your show

8. Stephanie says:

Lala! I love your shirt, threadless rocks! I got it for my daughter to wear since she loves books, and I might have to get it for me at some point.

Happy Anniversary!

9. BKBentley says:

I start my week with your podcasts. You’re the best. Thanks Laura for your book and mag reviews. Thanks Leslie for your wonderful tutorial on the afterthought heel, I finally learned with your down-to-earth method, it’s the best I’ve seen.
    Thanks for sharing so much. bkb

10. Wickedstash says:

Lala I had to share a reading “memory” from m y childhood. My parents NEVER read to me and to this day, I cannot ever remember them reading anything–a book, magazine, nothing. I got my love of reading from the elementary librarian who is still alive and working in her 80s. I often got grounded as a kid for reading and my punishment was to “go outside and play.” Yep, my parents were weird, but I managed to stay a reader and think that the behavior is not always learned at home. Thank gods for librarians!!!

Congratulations on the One Year Anniversary! I’m proud of you two. You’ve put out a quality, informative, and fun podcast. You did good.