Episode 54 – CampKIP Recap

Laura and Leslie do the first round of drawings for our anniversary prizes! We also go through our normal segments and review Little Crochet from Potter Craft. We talk about our weekend at CampKIP and tell you what next week’s prize drawings will be!

Prizes from last week and the new prizes/rules for this week are announced in the first 11 minutes of the show.

Laura is working on the Mitered Crosses Blanket out of Noro Silk Garden (colors 279, 252 and 87) and Cascade 220. They are knit on US size 6 needles (4mm).  She’s made a little progress on the Shetland Pi shawl(size 5 US/3.75mm needles) by Wendy Johnson.  It is out of Blackberry Ridge Silk Blend Laceweight.  I’ve also finished one of the Numma Numma socks (US 1/2.25mm).  I’ve cast-on the Gaenor out of Kitchen Sink Dyeworks in Luze Merino Fine in the Dexter colorway.

Leslie is working on a Log Cabin blanket that she is switching up with Classic Elite Liberty Wool. She is also knitting a Magrathea out of some Cloudlover handspun.

Leslie has finished the Numma Numma socks (US 1/2.25mm) and a Litmus Lace Shawl out of Turtlepurl Yarns Softshell Turtle Toes.

Laura has finished some Lil Bit socks out of Turtlepurl Yarns Softshell Turtle Toes.

Laura has plied  the fractal spun fiber using some Gale’s Art in a  Corriedale Cross in the Potluck colorway. She has 115 yards of a bulky.

Leslie has plied the lovely fiber from Woolgatherings Etsy Shop.  She used a Navajo plying technique.

Both Laura and Leslie have started spinning the Knitgirllls SAL fiber.

Book Review: Little Crochet by Linda Permann

We recap Camp KIP and show off the goodie bags

We love Paula from the Knitting Pipeline.  Check out her podcast!

We will be at Stitches.  Find us and say, “Hi!”

Leslie loves Jesh’s Leadlight and will be looking for the yarn for it at Stitches.

Cooperative Press info can be found here.

9 Responses to Episode 54 – CampKIP Recap

1. folksmith says:

just finished watching your videocast. you two are a great team. i look forward to each sunday to see your cast. the week is way too long between casts. OMG i am old, i graduated in ’69…not sure how i found your videocast but i’m sure glad that i did, in fact, i’m signed up to take some spinning lessons, can’t wait. thanks for being there.

2. Marsha says:

I think I won!!!! I never win anything – I’m so excited!!! I hope I wasn’t dreaming!! Thank you sooooo much!!

3. Sue says:

Congrats winners!! And again, congrats to Leslie and Laura on 1 year of awesome podcasts.

4. Angela says:

WOW! Thanks! Like Marsha I can’t believe I won!

What a cool feeling to win out of the blue. (On a rainy Monday morning)

Love, Ang

Leslie, I didn’t realize that you had a new pattern! I love Litmus. Laura was teasing me, saying that you were crying because I was knitting her pattern and not your pattern, and I assumed she meant Make It Work, so I told her that I bought your pattern first. Whoops. Anyway, I love the shawl pattern–I think it will look good in handspun. Although, I have some Plucky Knitter Primo yarn that I love….

6. Arlene Jones says:

I have been home hacking up hairballs ill and caught up on my episodes…I feel so much better now! I love listening to your banter, seeing your FOs and WIPs!! I bought Signature needles because of you! Enablers. Now I have to try this method of spinning..sheesh there is no end…AND I live north of Pittsburgh in New castle Goooo Black and Gold!!

One question…what camera did you get? The previous quality was really good but this is really nice quality especially for close up looks. Can you tell me what you used?

Arlene

7. Leslie, thanks for talking about tinking your Magrathea at Camp KIP. I tried to work on mine several times, but always ended up having to undo what I had done! I feel much better now knowing it wasn’t just me! I finally gave up on knitting and just socialized. Next year, a very plain vanilla sock will be my Camp project!

8. Taj says:

Holy moly, how surreal! I just screamed out loud in my house. Thank you so much. I’m totally cuted out that you liked my ravatar. Also it was such a nice pick-me-up after just doing my taxes.

9. Elaine Hager says:

This was the first time I have watched your podcast. Thank you for what you are doing. I usually listen on my Mp3 player before going to sleep which video is hard to do. I love yarn and all it involves.